How Do I…?
Access My Account?
To access your account click here.
To access your account on the go via your Android, iPhone and/or iPod Touch device, download the Westchester Library System app by Capira Technologies from the iTunes store. You will need to enter your library card number and your PIN/Password and then select “Town of Pelham Public Library” as your home library.
Find Out About Upcoming Events and Programs?
See events posted around the site. Our mini calendar in the right margin will lead to our full calendar as well as related events on Adult Services, Teen Services, and Children’s Services page.
Get a Library Card?
Please see our page Get A Library Card for complete information.
Get To The Pelham Library?
See the directions for auto, train and bus by clicking here or the Directions link in the top green menu bar. We are located on the corner of Wolfs Lane and Colonial Avenue, at the intersection of the Villages of Pelham and Pelham Manor, diagonally across from the Pelham Memorial High School.
Make a Gift?
If you wish to make a donation to the Library you may make a check out to the Town of Pelham Public Library.
- We are happy to plate a book for your donation of $25 or more.
- We also accept memorial donations for materials and programs. Please call to speak to the Library Director at 914.738.1234, to be sure we can accommodate your gift.
- Please see the Library’s Gift Policy on the Library’s Policy page for further information. The Library can not accept restricted gifts without approval of the Library Board.
Alternatively, you may wish to make a gift to the Friends of the Library. Please see the Friend’s page for further information.
Place a Hold On a Title?
There are a few ways to reserve materials or place a hold on an item. Please have your library card number handy:
- Call us on the phone at 914-738-1234 and speak to a Librarian at the Reference Desk.
- Speak to the Librarian at the Reference Desk on your next visit.
- Reserve an item online through the Library’s Catalog or OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog).
- Reserve an item on the go via your Android, iPhone and/or iPod Touch device using the Westchester Library System app by Capira Technologies.
Present a Program?
You may use the contact webform on the Contact Information page to make a program suggestion. Please note, we receive many solicitations for programs throughout the year and so we may not get back to you if we have no interest, feel there would not be an audience, if we believe the program to be a marketing tool, or if it doesn’t fit into our program plan for the immediate future. But we may retain your information for future use. Please note we plan out our programs a season in advance and need, at the very least, 2 months planning time prior to presenting a program or event.
Renew an Item I Have Checked Out?
Most materials are renewable once unless there is a hold on the item. Exceptions include express items (i.e. Rapid Reads or 3-Day DVDs) and books brought in from outside of Westchester Library System’s member libraries (otherwise known as ILLs or Inter-Library Loans).
There are a few ways to renew materials. Please have your library card number:
- Call the Westchester Library System by Phone, open 24 hours a day, at 914-674-4169, and follow the prompts. Be sure to have your library card ready.
- Call us on the phone at 914-738-1234 and speak to the Circulation Desk.
- Bring the items into the Library on your next visit and the Circulation Desk will assist you.
- Renew your item online by logging into your account.
- Renew an item on the go via your Android, iPhone and/or iPod Touch device using the Westchester Library System app by Capira Technologies.
Reserve a Book Outside the Library Catalog?
When you search for a book in the catalog and it is not owned by any of the 38 WLS-member public libraries, you will be directed to an online ILL (Inter-Library Loan) webform. Please fill in the form and your request will be submitted to the department that handles those requests as well as the librarian at your Library who will be the contact for your request.
Alternatively, you can call the Library at 914-738-1234 and speak to the librarian at the Reference Desk who will be happy to assist you with your request.
- Please note the Library can not reserve media (i.e. DVDs, CDs, etc.) but we can also place a request for magazine and newspaper items.
- There may be a charge from the owning Library. You will be asked how much you are willing to pay should the item be located.
Reserve a Computer?
Computers are on a first-come, first-served basis. You will need a library card in good standing. Guest passes are available for those who live outside of Westchester County only. We will take telephone reservations for a particular time slot for the same day at 914-738-1234. Please have your library card number handy. If you need a guest pass please see the Staff at the Circulation Desk upon your arrival. For further information on our computers and related technology please click here.
Reserve a Room?
The Library has no public meeting space. The Program Room is not available for non-library related use. Please see the Library’s Program Policy Statement on the Library Policy page for further information.