The adult collection features popular works of both fiction and non-fiction. Our book collection has approximately 20,000 titles in print. In addition, we offer a variety of newspapers, magazines and audiobooks as well as music and film selections. See below for an overview of the collection.
Fiction: We collect a wide-range of titles, from thrillers to romance to literary fiction including both new and established authors.
- Large Print: These are mostly bestsellers in fiction but some non-fiction works are available too.
- Mysteries are housed separately from fiction and are both classic and current.
- Science Fiction is housed separately and are mostly classic titles.
Non-Fiction: We purchase a variety of new non-fiction books which are shelved according to the call number. A few genres are shelved separately by type, including:
- Biography: Shelved separately alphabetically by the last name of the subject of the book.
- Career & Education, including test prep, college info, resume and interview guides.
- Travel Books: We have a small but current selection of travel guidebooks.
- Oversize: Large books in many topics are shelved on the back wall. Most of these are art books, cookbooks and history titles.
- YA: non-fiction books with a yellow YA label indicated books are appropriate for Young Adults.
Magazines and newspapers: We purchase a variety of dailies, weekly, and monthly periodicals.
- About 75 different periodicals are on subscription.
- Bound copies of The Pelham Weekly dated from 1997 to 2015 are made possible by Maggie Klein, Ed.
- Older local papers are on Microfilm at the Pelham High School.
AudioBooks: We collect current and some classic titles on CD and more recently Mp3 formats.
Fiction Audiobooks are arranged as a browsing collection alphabetically by author. Mystery titles are interfiled with spine labels.
Non-Fiction Audiobooks: We purchase mainly history, memoir, travelogs and biographical works in this collection. Some ESL works are also available.
- Modern Scholar Series: These are college-level lecture series on a variety of topics/subjects. There are in CD format and come with a book.
- Pimsleur Language Series: Learn a new language or practice your skills. We have a variety of languages to select from. We also have a smaller collection on Mp3 that includes a booklet in pdf.
Music: A small collection of CDs focusing on popular releases is available. These are arranged as a browsing collection by popular genres.
Films and Movies
We collect new and classic film and movies on DVD.
- Popular Works: Are shelved as a browsing collection by alphabetically by title.
- Foreign: These are both independent and studio films, shelved alphabetically or by call number.
- Non-Fiction: Includes documentaries, instructional videos, travel and exercise videos.
Through our membership in the Westchester Library System (WLS) we offer a range of eBooks, EAudiobooks as well as a number of research resources and learning tutorials for your use and enjoyment. Please see our elibrary page.