Children’s Summer Reading Program
The Town of Pelham Public Library has moved its summer reading program to the online platform READsquared for 2021. Participants should register, pick an age-appropriate program, and then log their reading minutes on their READsquared account in order to earn rewards. All prizes this year will be sourced from local Pelham businesses, such as gift certificates to Double Rainbow, 4 Corners, and cookies from Little Bird Cookie Company.
- Click here and go to “register.” If you have already created an account, log in.
- As you are registering, you will be asked to select a program. You may chose from: Pre-K (ages 0-4), Kids (age 5-12), and Teen (age 13-17). Each program has a suggested reading list, but you may read any books to log minutes and earn rewards. We have also provided the suggested reading lists for the Pelham Elementary Schools as well as Pelham Middle School and High School. Additionally those lists are linked below.
Pelham Schools Reading Lists
How It Works:
After you have picked a program based on your age, you log minutes as you read. For each hour you read or listen (whether to an audiobook or a caregiver reading to a child,) you receive 60 points (one point per minute.) You can redeem your points for gift certificates for the following rewards:
- 60 points or 1 hour = one bird cookie from Little Bird Cookie Company
- 180 points or 3 hours = one slice of pizza from 4 Corners
- 300 points or 5 hours = one ice cream cone with topping from Double Rainbow
All Participants Are Invited to a Final Party on Friday, August 13th featuring the Pelicones Ice Cream Truck!