WEBS Career Development Seminar Returns to the Library!
Looking to change careers or re-enter the workforce? The popular free eight-week WEBS career development seminar, “Managing Your Career in Changing Times,” is returning to the Library for 2020! Led by a professional career counselor, this course is designed to:
- Evaluate your skills, using formal assessments of interests, and personality
- Teach you how to use online information to research industries and companies
- Help you explore career alternatives and discover local educational and training programs in Westchester
- Learn about the latest trends in resumes and update your own
- Learn effective job-seeking strategies
The program is especially geared to those who are unemployed, changing careers, re-entering the workforce or returning to school. Participants must attend every workshop in the series, and attendance at an orientation session prior to the seminar is required. The sessions in Pelham will meet on Wednesdays, noon to 2 pm, on 2/26/2020, 3/4/2020, 3/11/2020, 3/18/2020, 3/25/2020, 4/1/2020, 4/6/2020 (Monday), 4/15/2020 and 4/22/2020 (snow date). If those times don’t work for you, other seminars are available at other libraries but you must be registered to attend. To register and for more information call WEBS at 914-674-3616.
WEBS is funded in part with a gift from the Friends of the Town of Pelham Public Library and support from the New York State Library and Westchester County Government.