Free Coding Classes for Kids at the Library!
Join the movement, learn to code! The Town of Pelham Public Library is proud to offer two different coding classes for kids starting in October.
Learn to Code @ Pelham Library: Grades 1-5
A fun-filled class where elementary school kids learn coding and the basics of computer science using Scratch (a block-based programming language), Python (a high-level programming language) and other programming software. Three sessions are being offered in October–come to one session or come to all of them! Participants must bring a laptop, fully charged. First come, first served. Space is limited. For additional information please call 914-738-1234.
- Saturday, October 19, 2 to 4 pm
- Saturday, October 26, 2 to 4 pm
- Saturday, November 2, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, November 16, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14, 2 to 4 p.m.
TechGirlz: You Can Code! Grades 6-8
TechGirlz’s mission is to break the stigma of girls in technology with fun and engaging workshops. Join us at this “TechShop” to learn how a computer thinks using Blockly, a drag-and-drop language, and to explore basic computer programming concepts through fun puzzles. Bring your own laptop–a school chromebook will work too! Registration is requested, please call 914-738-1234.
- Thursday October 10, 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Thursday November 7, 3:30 to 5:30 pm