Announcing Digital Magazines!
Interested in reading The New Yorker or The Economist for free? Or how about Vogue, Architectural Digest or People? You can now get access to thousands of magazines through OverDrive Magazines. (If you don’t have an OverDrive account, you will be prompted to create one.) Use your library card number and PIN (the last four digits of the phone number on your account) to link your Overdrive account to your library account by selecting “Westchester Library System.” Here are more details.
- You can search the 3,414 title collection or browse by going to Search and limiting by the format magazine.
- Magazines can be downloaded for reading offline. Downloads are automatically deleted when the title is returned.
- Just like ebooks and audiobooks, magazine titles open where the reader left off, so you don’t lose their place when the item is checked in.
- You can use the OverDrive app and the Read now in browser option for magazine access. It’s less user friendly than Libby and there is no download option for reading offline.
- Magazines have a 7-day default loan period. You can change it to 14 days when you borrow or in your OverDrive account settings.
- Magazines are always available, and checking them out doesn’t count toward your ebook, audiobook, and video limit.
- One last super feature! In Libby, you can add a Next Issue smart tag to magazines they like. They’ll get an alert when a new issue is available.